Saturday, July 22, 2006

Astronaut update 3

Here's another update, I wasn't 100% happy with the way the hands turned out, so I figured I'll replace one of em with a hand holding a tool... of course after I made one, and liked how it turned out, I made another, and cut off both hands already on the model. I had done the feet, didnt like the way they turned out, so off they went as well for a second go, also redid the footprints, wanted them a bit bigger, and a few more than just the three I had on before. Looking good now if I say so myself. The feet need a bit of touching up after they dry up, and the hands need to dry up as well before I put them on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Animek said...

Looking good!

What tool did you use to cut the hard putty, (meaning his hand)?
And what is his eight? Or scale ?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Johnno said...

I just used a carpetknife I have for modelling (new blades are cheap and easy to get), the putty isnt that hard, almost just like hard rubber.

The astronaut is almost 3cm tall, with the base the model is about 3.5cm tall. The base is 3.8cm in diameter.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home